VACANCY FOR FUND RAISING OFFICER
- About Centre for Social Justice Limited by Guarantee
Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) is a knowledge based institution established to introduce professionalism in civil society work and to use social entrepreneurship to provide cutting edge services to enhance and deepen economic, social and political change. CSJ envisions a Nigeria where social justice informs public decision making and her mission is to mainstream social justice in all facets of public life.
- Key Programme Focus
The ongoing programmes of CSJ are in public finance management/fiscal governance; power sector reforms; political finance reforms; and rights enhancement. Our programme activities focus on civil, cultural, economic, environmental, political and social rights and our strategic methodologies include action research, monitoring and evaluation, advocacy, capacity building, information dissemination, cluster building and networking. Visit our website www.csj-ng.org for more details about our work.
CSJ seeks to develop a strategic fundraising plan to diversify her funding base, increase unrestricted portions of her funds portfolio and create conditions for future sustainability. To further this cause, CSJ seeks a smart, dedicated and energetic young professional to join its team as a fundraising officer to develop the strategic plan and raise fund for the organization.
- Key Duties
- To liaise with the board, management and staff to develop a fundraising strategy that will guide the organisation in its fundraising efforts.
- To identify different sources of funding available in Nigeria.
- To research and identify potential donors and develop a database or map existing data bases which are regularly updated summarizing the range of donors potentially interested in funding our work with details on requirements and restrictions, target groups and areas of interest.
- To identify other funding opportunities (corporate houses, trusts, funding agencies and individuals) internationally and locally, and provide recommendations for next steps in approaching these sources of funding.
- To prioritize potential funding opportunities according to the best possible match between the scope of projects activities and donor interests.
- To map the organizations, government agencies and business sector clients that might be likely to purchase our services and expertise.
- Writing and sending out grant applications.
- Supporting the strengthening relationships with existing sponsors and the building of relationships with potential sponsors.
- Supporting other activities as needed in regards to fundraising.
- Managing crowd-funding projects for CSJ.
- Leading fundraising events (marketing and managing).
- Collaborate on social media, publicity, marketing and communication efforts where needed.
- Enthusiasm, dedication, flexible and adaptable in his/her approach, entrepreneurial spirit, “can-do” attitude;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; need to work independently and in a fast-paced environment and show initiative in designing and implementing new fundraising ideas and systems.
- Must be able to multi-task and be extremely detail-oriented.
- Creativity and the ability to think “outside-of-the-box” is desired.
- Good team working skills.
- Degree – preferably in management or social sciences.
- Minimum of five years of strategic development and fundraising experience (including donor management, identification and liaison; proposal writing).
- Proven track record of successful fundraising.
- Knowledge of project cycle management.
- Demonstrated success in preparing proposals and grant applications that have been approved for funding.
- Sound knowledge of the current funding and business environment in Nigeria and the donors that are presently funding projects here.
- Familiarity with sources of funding for projects related to public finance management; power sector reforms; political finance reforms; and rights enhancement.
- Knowledge of fundraising cycles, proposal formats and application procedures for key donors.
- Proven experience of building relationships with individual and institutional donors and researching funding opportunities.
- Experience with crowdfunding and online fundraising tools.
- An ability to organize and plan.
- Fluency in English and advanced communication skills are essential
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good computer and social networking skills
This is attractive depending on the ability to realize assigned goals
- Method of Application
Apply in writing including your CV and one page statement on how you intend to proceed with the assignment if hired. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop same at 17 Yaounde Street, Wuse Zone 6, Flat 2, Abuja on or before the 5th of April.